Wednesday 28 September 2016

Linking COP and PPP to a real life opportunity


Last year the former Director of Future Technology at Jaguar Land Rover followed me on Twitter, so I messaged him and asked how important UI/UX and graphic design in general was for JLR; his reply was interesting - "Very important! We lead the future UX". I showed him some concepts I'd done and he recommended I apply for an Experience Design placement at JLR. Undergraduate placements for Design (Technical) positions are for 12 months only, so I'd probably be unable to do the undergraduate one (but will still try), but will definitely attempt to do the graduate one. 

By focusing on interface design as much as I can in the successive modules of the course, particularly how it's used and can be used in transport design (cars, rockets), I'm bettering my position to gain a place. I will use COP particularly to explore the potential for what car experience design can be, and whether we're close to peak car interface design or whether we haven't even scratched the surface yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment