Thursday 5 October 2017

Revised personal objectives



My three stage plan from Level 5 remains in place:

1. Start with automotive user experience design
2. Expand to public transport user experience design e.g. electric aircraft, Hyperloop
3. Spacecraft UX design

and then
4. Follow the future

Created with the knowledge that it will continuously and inevitably evolve/change entirely. This plan is a workable progress guide, rather than a concrete plan for my life. It's likely that my desires and interests will change over time; this is exciting, not worrying.  




A reflection of Jaguar Land Rover




Various press images of areas in the Land Rover Design Studio 


 
Credit: JLR Newsroom
Feat. Massimo Frascella, a member of the clay modelling team,
and a small part of the Land Rover Design Studio in the background


To reflect on the summer of 2017 and by extension Level 5, it could safely have been said that I didn't expect to reach stage 1 of my plan straight after graduation, never mind before graduating. But my placement at Jaguar Land Rover as an Interface Designer was incredibly useful, insightful and humbling. My designs, though unable to be shown here, will be used by hundreds of thousands of people on the next generation touchscreen system for all Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. My sense of imposter syndrome was real - sat in the ridiculously impressive Land Rover Design Studio, with the incredibly inspiring future of this giant, revered company, sat before me, it felt more like I'd sneaked in rather than been offered a place. The new Range Rover Velar hints at the design-led future of the product lineup, and it's a future I'd be super excited to be a part of as a graduate. My manager has offered me the chance to return upon graduation, and it'd take something very special to dissuade me.

My mission remains the same - to work with the people making the future exciting, and use design to empower them.


FUTURE TRANSPORT, SPACE EXPLORATION, RENEWABLE ENERGY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment