Friday 16 October 2015

Things That Inspire Me

Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX





Elon Musk, co-founder of PayPal and CEO of Tesla, SpaceX and SolarCity is a huge part of what inspires me. His attitudes and actions towards the advancement of humanity, particularly regarding sustainable energy and Earth and Space based travel, plays to my deepest interest and motivations. He has vision and courage, and the craziness to change the world. 


Another Escape





A book series after my own heart, Another Escape is a creative adventure magazine which features outdoor lifestyle, sustainable living, creative culture and turquoise blue spines. Pretty much sums me up. I live in Northumberland National Park, so trees, mountains and stars are a big part of my life. 



Google, Apple and Microsoft 






Microsoft, Apple and Google are changing the world in a way which so far has improved it. They develop solutions and products that enhance our daily lives, and they ultimately aim to improve the lives of those who need it. As a group they're collectively trying to mitigate climate change, fight poverty and bring people together. 


Behance




Behance is the ultimate source of creative networking and work sharing. Its home to a huge range of graphic design, photography, illustration and creative direction. I use it to stay up to date with the best and trendiest design. 
https://www.behance.net/nickyhope2013


Computer Arts/Creative Bloq 






Computer Arts is my favourite design magazine - I buy it every month and have done for over a year. It's best for keeping up with contemporary design trends and getting insights into the industry and how some of the best graphic designers operate. 
http://www.creativebloq.com/

Instagram







Instagram is full of designers, photographer and inspirational people who share their everyday lives and their best work. It's a great place to browse and get inspired, and keep up with my favourite designers and inspirers. https://instagram.com/thefuturist343/


BlackBerry









I love BlackBerry. I love that they're still weaving away making amazingly unique and brilliant phones whilst most people have forgotten all about them. I love their design, their vision, their courage and their craziness. Crazy and fascinating (and really advanced) new BlackBerry phones inspire and excite me every time I use one. 


TED Talks







The very nature of TED Talks is to inspire. Some of the best designers, artists, scientists, musicians, writers, etc. convene here to inform and inspire us. I saw a particularly good one on vexillology a few weeks ago. 



Tobias van Schneider 






One of my favourite graphic designers, Tobias is a German born designer living in New York City. He's the Lead Product Designer at Spotify, and has worked for Wacom, Audi, BMW, Google and Toyota. He never went to design school, and he has a very interesting and inspiring private mailing list which I read every week when I receive it to keep up with what he's doing and any advice he has. http://www.vanschneider.com/ 


Video Games











I love video games. I love fantasy games, I love space games and I love war games. I love getting lost in a world different to that which is mine because it allows me to live like someone else, and, for a short amount of time, escape my own life. It's very hard to explain what it's like being immersed in another world. I'd love to work for a AAA games studio. 

Mac OS Wallpapers









It sounds extremely odd, but the batch of wallpapers included in OS X Mountain Lion, Yosemite and El Capitan inspires me every single time I look at my desktop. They're beautiful, epic, natural scenes that make me want to pick up my camera and run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment